Monday, August 26, 2013

Michigan Titanium Triathlon - Congrats Dan and Kerri


Congrats to my talented identical twin brother Dan Jones for completing his first iron-distance triathlon yesterday.  He didn't just complete it,  he destroyed it.  He finished 2nd overall at the Michigan Titanium Triathlon with a final time of 9 hrs 48 minutes.  Perhaps most impressive was the fact that he only completed his first Olympic distance triathlon about 1.5 mo ago.  He executed an amazing race and the results of his training and planning paid off - literally.  He finished in the prize money and won a kayak for the fastest swim split. He has officially 'earned' more prize money than I have in triathlon.  In fact, I have quite a ways to go to catch up (I haven't won any). I could not be more impressed.  Between all the equipment I prepped and lent and advice I provided, it almost felt like I was going to be racing.   Of course, I was happy to help out and thrilled to see Dan succeed.  To be honest, I was glad it wasn't me out there.  I'm sticking with the shorter stuff for a while longer.

I would also like to congradulate Kerri Seger for also destroying her first iron-distance race. She finished 5th overall female and won her age group with a very impressive race!

No comments:

Post a Comment